From: Ryan Michaels, Yes-We-Cannabis
We are slowly gathering more information about the actions of San Bernardino County Sheriffs and Chino Poice involved in a raid on a local medical cannabis collective, here are the updates so far:
1. On Tuesday evening March, 30, 2010, 15 minutes prior to closing as many as thirty officers in raid gear swarmed the facility through front and rear doors, badges were covered.
2. Paper bags were placed over the cameras.
3. Two operators, husband and wife, and eleven employees were on-site at the time and all were detained and arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
4. All marijuana, computers, patient files, and some furniture was taken.
5. Currently ALL parties are being held on a four million ($4,000,000) bond, we are awaiting updates from attorneys and bail bondsmen today to see how they will proceed for release but a number of personal contacts are involved working to get the operators released.
6. Chino Police and San Bernardino County Sheriffs reportedely arrested patients as well, and in fact set up a checkpoint in the parking lot from which they searched and arrested a number of individuals who were coming to the collective yesterday. Arrests were made for a variety of charges including simple possession.
It is unfortunate to have to report news of this nature, but I am hopeful from the incredible response from all across Southern California and now the nation, we are working to coordinate a response that is in-line with the desires of the operators, we will not stand idly by and let San Bernardino County stand on the rights of qualified patients.
Take care and stay safe,
Yours in solidarity,